The PURPOSE of the
Rossmoor Shakespeare Society is to...
1. read the plays and poems of William Shakespeare;
2. read and discuss books about Shakespeare, and to view various films based
on his plays;
3. enjoy Shakespeare productions together including visits to festivals such
as the California Shakespeare Festival in Orinda and to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland;
4. invite eminent Shakespearean actors, directors, producers, and scholars to
5. participate in various other activities (see ACTIVITIES page).
The Rossmoor Shakespeare Society was established on September 18, 2003 at the home of founders June Levine and Gene
Gordon. June is currently the Society's treasurer and Gene its president.
Other officers are...
Delores Mathews: VICE-PRESIDENT
Lynn Gross: SECRETARY
Marilyn Haupt: REFRESHMENT COORDINATOR
Connie Tompkins: PHONE TREE COORDINATOR
Paula Tint: SUNSHINE PERSON
Gail Roman: LIBRARIAN
Lilly Kite: DECORATIONS
Bill Harlan: ADVISOR
Nancy Landfield: GREETER
Anita Vandenberg: AT LARGE
|Nine of the twelve officers...
|...at 2006 Holiday Party